Tuesday, November 22, 2011

My sweet baby is a survivor.

On Friday was my official 13 weeks. Also my official first day of my (drum roll please...) SECOND TRIMESTER! YAY!!!! To me, the 2nd tri meant: no more nausea, no more psycho roller coaster of emotions, no more fatigue, etc.

I WAS WRONG. Well so far anyways.

On Friday, I was sicker than a dog. I was nauseated, had an awful migraine, dizzy, tired, need I go on? I decided to take a bath because they normally did the trick for my headaches. Within 10 minutes of soaking, I got this urge that I was going to get sick. Needless to say, I did, and it was the sickest I've gotten so far. NOT MY IDEA OF A FRIDAY NIGHT. After taking tylenol, drinking juice, and going to bed, I was hopeful the next day was going to knock this one out of the park..

WRONG AGAIN.

On Saturday, I woke up feeling good. Not nauseated at all, no sign of a headache..I was hopeful. I was sitting in the recliner visiting with my family. (in Arkansas to be more specific, 6 hours from Wichita Falls) I get the usual need to go tinkle. Yay overactive bladder!! ;) I go to the restroom and to my dismay I have started spotting/bleeding. Devastated doesn't even begin to describe.. I scream for my mom. She comes in along with my Mammaw and sees why I'm so hysterical. My uncle rushes my mom and I to the ER, after I changed into jeans of course.. and there the waiting game begin. I had a million thoughts running through my head. I decided not to call Kyle or any family until I knew for sure what was going on. I was trying to hope for the best but my tears and emotions had me at my worst. I just kept praying "God, Don't let this be it. I haven't done anything wrong. I love this baby. Please let everything be okay." With a tear-drenched face, they got us back into the ER, and I swear anytime someone walked through the door to talk to me I started bawling again. They were the nicest people, and kept telling me everything was going to be okay, that blood does not always mean miscarriage and that they are going to figure out what's going on. Of course I appreciated the sweet words, but until I saw my angel and that heartbeat, no words could console.

They did an exam to find the bleeding, and thought it might be a bacterial infection. They took viles of blood to run various tests. Then finally they took me back to the ultrasound room. My nurse informed me she had never seen 2 uteruses before and that she was excited to see what it looked like. Glad I could be of some entertainment for the evening..still all I cared about was my baby. She found the baby, heart beating strong. 168 bpm (It's slowing down from the previous sono's but still fast!!) So then I was relieved. She poked and proded and looked around and took boocoos of pictures, then back my ER room. The Dr. came in and told me that it wasn't an infection, but I had a UTI which most likely causing the spotting. They said the bleeding had stopped wherever it had come from. So got a prescription, and they sent us on our way with an order to take it very easy while I'm on my meds.

THANK YOU JESUS!

So I didn't have the greatest start to my 2nd trimester, but now that I know everything is okay I just thank the good Lord daily for such a miracle baby, and keep pressing on and preparing to be a mommy in 6 months. YAY!

While I'm having to lay in bed and take it easy, my wonderful pastor's wife Pam taught me how to cross-stitch and got me the stuff to make my first bib for the baby. I'm so thankful and excited.

What I am feeling:
I have energy out the wazoo! I am still really shaky, which the doctor said could be blood sugar. My belly bump is becoming more defined. Only symptoms really are headaches. Oh, I have found my first preggo craving!! I can't get enough apples! (Glad it's a healthy craving)

Baby this week:
Our little prince(ss) is the size of a peach right now. He/she is somewhere around 2.9 inches long and weighs about .81 ounces. Growing like crazy! At the ultrasound in the ER, it was amazing to see how much the baby has grown just in 2 weeks! Everything is progressing so fast!

Baby bump at exactly 13 weeks. It's growing!

No comments:

Post a Comment