Tuesday, November 22, 2011

The first 3 months of a mommy in preparation

I have enjoyed being pregnant so far, despite the morning sickness. I have a feeling I'm going to enjoy my 2nd trimester even more. ;) Here is a recap of my first 3 months:

How we found out:
We found out we were pregnant at about 5 weeks, so early on. I was student teaching, and my teacher I was with told me that I needed to take a pregnancy test. I was late, but I assumed it was stress from all of the work from teaching and school. I finally gave in and let her convince me, and I took a test that night before my bath. I wasn't going to look until after my bath because I was use to the negative again and again on those let-down sticks. Well as I was walking by the the counter, it caught my eye.. Two very dark pink lines were there. PREGNANT. I called my mom, texted Kristy and told her she was right, and waited for Kyle's parents to come so we could tell them. I put the pregnancy test in a little gift bag and gave it to Vicki (my mother-in-law). Of course everyone was excited. Then we just had to wait for the official yes from the doctor. Got that the next day, so then we knew this was for real. Let the praying begin for a healthy successful pregnancy.

How I felt:
Weeks 5-7: TIRED, TIRED, TIRED. I didn't have any nausea, just could barely keep my eyes open all day while teaching.

Weeks 8-11: Nausea set in. I was nauseous sun up to sun down every day it seemed. I did not actually get sick but maybe 5 random times. Can't stand the thought or smell or taste of pasta (except ramen noodles and chinese). No specific cravings, but definite on what I didn't want. Normally I'm not an opinionated person when it comes to food..that is until pregnancy. I had a hard time going to the restroom. TMI, I know, but it's fact, and definitely not any fun. Which leads me to my next symptom...cramping. I have been cramping since day 1. Nothing severe but definitely considered a cramp. I believe this is due to the unable to use the restroom part. Around week 11 I started noticing my baby bump. It was getting harder and would stay looking bloated all the time. Prior I would bloat after eating but it would go down, especially overnight. Not anymore, so obviously an early show-er. My face has been breaking out more, mostly the left side. Normally I don't break out except the occasional blemish. My hair remains oily, no matter how often I wash it. No fun. Lastly, awful mood swings. I could go from crazy happy to crying because I'm just so ugly in .2 seconds. Poor husband. He's a trooper.

Week 12: Nausea is a lot less. It is now being replaced with migraine headaches. :( Also very dizzy. I am not near as tired anymore, which leads me to having trouble sleeping. My hormones seem to be balancing because I'm not experiencing as many mood swings. YAY!

Milestones:
  • Got our first ultrasound on October 20th. Heart rate: 178. FAST! Girl? ;)
  • Found out I was born with 2 fully-formed uteruses. I'm an original :). Shouldn't affect pregnancy: possible pre-term labor, breech baby, which in my head means possible c-section.
  • November 8th we got our second sono. It was amazing to see our little prince(ss) dancing and swimming around in there shaking its' little booty. Kept those legs crossed at the ankles the whole time. Heart rate: 176. STILL FAST! ;)
Here is our first sonogram!
8 wks 6 days! Our little nugget!



Here is our 11wk 4 day sonogram! Look at those chicken legs!
It is amazing to me how you can already see the nose and mouth!! SO SWEET

No comments:

Post a Comment